Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Age is really just a number - Will You Marry Me...

With Kyoko Jasper

With Master Sugimoto Rendo
Self Care, friends!  That is the reason why I started this blog, I wanted to home study Marie-France Muller's method, because it can be done in minutes, can be used every day and it can easily be taught to clients for self care.  And it is done on the face!  

As I was blogging along - when Meg G. and I started the study - we realized that we needed to add other self care we did as well.  
Thus, you read about yoga, breathwork, all kinds of workshops I attend etc.  
It is important to hire someone for body work on a regular basis to keep strong - please, continue to hire holistic practitioners as needed including myself.  However, we also need to take charge and do self care on a daily basis!  I recently was in a work shop organized by my buddy, yogini extraordinaire, Kyoko Jasper with Master Rendo (based in Japan).  He closed the workshop by saying to use your hands on your body.  Let's listen to him!  I could not agree more!  


Just like myself he starts with self care in the morning; he would be in pain if he did not, but because he does it, he is a very fit 60+ young man.  His belly looked like the belly of a very young man.  Age is really just a number.  Honestly, while I do not exactly look like a baby, when I take care of myself which results in feeling good, I do not think of my age.  I do not think that I found what I was looking for only a few years ago at age 40+ (late bloomer).  However, when I do not take care of myself (well enough) and do not pay attention to my body and mind for even for a day, I feel very different; I can be in pain and it can be stiffeling and looking ahead can be a bit scary especially also Looking at the big picture.  Nobody can take care of us as well as we can take care of ourselves.           

Will you marry me?....I laughed at the elderly man I had never seen before.  I remember that his first and last name both started with W.  His proposal still makes me laugh and it makes sense.  He was one of about ten clients who had a mini Reflexology session at a recent corporate health fair.  He said that as soon as put my hands on his feet after I had settled him into the Lafuma.  Most of us do not pay attention to our feet at all until there is a challenge, and even then we may go on until we are seriously affected.  Now remember the feet are a microcosm of the entire body; foot reflexology feels awesome on the feet as well as tunes up the body from the inside out, like all of Reflexology (feet, hands, face, ears) does.
So work done on the feet is especially grounding, balancing and what feels better than being grounded - so, yes proposing to the person that helps you ground makes total sense - lol!  And yes, I said no!

Just a few weeks ago I was working on a young man who was affected by Hurricane Sandy indirectly; he had been working for twenty five days straight. 
When I put my hands on his feet at the end of the 20-minute session, he felt a ripple/jolt (he used on of these words) of energy move through his body.  The response of the body is not always that powerful, however the more we inhabit our bodies the more we feel the subtle sensations and sometimes they are very powerful once we clear the cobwebs.  I believe this man was ready to let go of major stress, thus he was able to detect improved flow of energy so clearly.  

With self care and more awareness we can feel the energy all the time, especially when we set time aside to re-balance or just be tuning in for a second; the more we do it, the easier it is to feel our life force, our CHI, our vitality.  We start inhabiting our body, what could be better!  Remember our body is our temple.  Let's set time aside each day to work with our CHI and increase vitality, even during the holidays, there are so many waysHave fun with it. If there is no time whatsoever, do remember that self care can even be done sitting on the toilet bowl, a few deep breaths can result in a shift and will enhance peristaltic movement!     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment