Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Interview: American Reflexology Certification Board


Many thanks to Christine Issel for the invitation to speak about my international honorary work - which has been part of my service since 2015 - on the occasion of receiving the ICR Humanitarian Award in Taitung, Taiwan on October 19, 2017, (I believe).  It is such an honor to be in the company of fellow reflexologists Mari Ogino, Betty Hult, Gina Stewart (please correct me if I am wrong) and many more who might have received this particular award from International Council of Reflexologists (ICR) in the past.

My honorary work started in 2007 on a local level after I obtained my ARCB certification and joined New York State Reflexology Association (NYSRA) and met many wonderful colleagues and has most of the time been part of my service.

(In the photo you see me with a fellow integrative care practitioner (Ayurveda) named Bhuri whom I met at Shri Jasnath Asan in Panchala Siddra, Nagaur, Rajasthan, India where I did honorary work via Gina Stewart’s international RVP in November of 2016).   Bhuri was one of the practitioners trained in reflexology at the end of our stay. 

At Panchala Siddra we stayed at the ashram and worked in the great outdoors in a colorful party tent at the edge of the Thar desert (Great Indian Desert), I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to practice reflexology abroad in this small ashram (a medieval fortress) and participate in morning yoga, puja before dinner, get henna, visit the cow sanctuary, and teach some yoga and reflexology as well. 
And the stay ended with an early morning bird watching walk led by Sharon Schafer who also mentioned us in one of her blog posts and includes a group photo of us at Shri Odium Mataji. 

Thank you for your visit as always,

Birgit

A few mindful breaths can at times allow for more ease...

Have you tried Your Reflexology Break?

https://youtu.be/zj3bN85MJIE (with music) 

https://youtu.be/ht8IoKjKa3Y (almost no music) 

Have you tried the One Minute Reflexology for Animals?

http://ban-chi.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/ICR_Paws_2.71165536.pdf

 #icrpaws #reflexologytreatsareyum






No comments:

Post a Comment