Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

A Honk, A Smile, and Peace - Happy New Year


Fireworks, yes or no? I was discussing with two friends close to midnight.  

It was rainy on and off, and it was close to midnight or perhaps slightly past when I headed out. I had the light and was crossing 10th Avenue, then some honking. But why? I had the light, nevertheless I looked around and saw the honk was coming from the MTA bus. Then I saw the bus driver's smile, 2023 glasses and peace symbol - oh, I see. I ran over and asked the bus driver to do it again for a photo and we wished each other a Happy New Year. 

It was such a beautiful moment for several reasons, one being that I have met many MTA Employees surrounding their work/life and wellness. So this driver and I could have actually intersected (get the pun?) in the past. Of course there was no time for this discussion. 

Happy New Year, to Peace ☮️ ✌️✌🏻✌🏼✌🏽✌🏾✌🏿Wellness. 

(I admit when I headed out I was slightly irritated, I hate to rush, but it was all reversed with a honk and what followed). 

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TCTSY-F

She/Her 

Reflexology & Yoga (focus: chair) 

Trauma-Sensitive Care 

-  You are welcome to use and share our complimentary One Minute Reflexology for Animals.  Perhaps it is as helpful to you as it has been for us. 

https://icr-reflexology.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/PAWS.pdf 

IG: https://www.instagram.com/glimpses/?r=nametag


No comments:

Post a Comment