Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

Stone Foot Path Coach and Regal's Achilles Tendons


Back in Taipei (after the ICR Conference and Gina Stewart’s RVP at Garden of Hope in Taitung) Regal took me to a park he had explored previously.  
The Reflexology path (stone foot path) there was different from the ones I had seen before.  It entailed three benches on the path itself and  one texture only, and there was a map of the feet’s reflexes with labeling in Chinese characters and in English. 

We had such a good time; I walked back and forth twice slowly, enjoying every step, aware that it would be the last time.  When I was about to leave I found myself "coaching" Sharon (see photo below).  She said she did not learn how to do this.


I laughingly chimed in and she seemed surprised that I figured it out by myself.  After a few steps, she agreed that it was less painful following my suggestion:
  • inhaling lifting foot
  • small step
  • exhaling transferring weight 
  • I told her that I aside from being a reflexologist I was also a yoga teacher and that focusing on the breath and coordinating breath/movement might take the edge off it. 
  • Additionally, small steps allow for more flexibility (aka repositioning of foot).  
  • However, if big steps are taken, one will have to deal with balance AND possible intensity.
Regal’s experience: . He runs and had also been hiking quite a bit during this trip.  His Achilles' tendons loosened up after spending some time on the path (he was wearing socks) and afterwards he mentioned how easy it was to walk down the stairs with not just his backpack but also one of mine (thank you!❤️  Lucky me.) on the way to the airport.

My experience: I loved everything about it.  It was also such a beautiful day and the whole trip had been so strengthening and so fun.

Regal was reminded of our reflexology rug at home and he said he might start using it.

Conclusion: After our 13-hour flight home, I concluded that our “rock path reflexology session”, eating light helped to make the long flight a pleasant experience.  We had no problems being comfortable and we both could sleep. 

We got up once to do some walking through the aisles and to look for my green card in my stored backpack which I was afraid I might have lost.  Fortunately, that was not the case.

I did also Dien Cham a couple of times, including the "sniffle protocol" due to a sudden sneeze attack. For snacks we had our dragon fruits and apples.


Thank you for reading,

B.

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale slowly and completely through the mouth on a ha sound, repeat twice, then return to natural breathing and observe....

Reflexology (feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792

No comments:

Post a Comment