Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Fafa and Joker (Papa and Chocolate)


“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers (actor, Connecticut Yankee

What a beautiful and unexpected encounter after a recent breakfast in Hualien, Taiwan with two new canine friends.   
It was very interesting to watch how the older dog Fafa/Papa* communicated with Joker/Chocolate and with me.

Collage 1: The older dog (brindle) approves of me after brief inspection.  I had seen them briefly the day before; he enjoys a few relaxing strokes of facial reflexology; his eyes are closed. 

Collage 2: Communicating playfully and coaxing the younger one who had just gotten up with what I imagine to have been "this is fun, try it; come on, it’s relaxing; I’ll do stretches with you first.”  They did stretches together and were affectionate and gentle, and playful. 

Collage 3: The younger one listened :) and gets moral support during "his session.”  Fafa/Papa is watching us, his face close to where the action is.

Collage 4: Mutual gratitude 🙏🏻; good bye between me and senior (come again maybe?); the younger one just walked off; he did his job.  He pleased Fafa/Papa.  Easy breezy for me, but so incredibly heart warming and eye opening.


- The love and affection they showed for each other will be with me for a long time. 
I did see them again the next morning waiting for our cab, but had only time for Fafa/Papa, and that’s when I found out their names via our inn keeper.*

- In Taipei, there was no opportunity to spend time with dogs although, I, of course,
enjoyed watching them.
I had plans to volunteer at a shelter, but the day we wanted to go there, the bus did not run.  The canine population there was less trusting and not interested in contact with me.

- On the way back to our room the first day in Hualien, our second stop we visited a small temple close to our diggs  and there I got to work on one of the two sheebas.  It was then that I knew I had the blessing for the remainder of the trip.

- The second dog I worked on was Lily, a slim blond who was hanging out in from front of a stall at the night market where we ate almost every day.  She got at least three sessions.  Every once in a while she did a round around the stall and barked.

- However, the first animal I reflexed, was actually a cat in Wulai.  She was resting on a counter next to a motorcycle helmet.  This was the day we rescued a hedgehog with the support of a young local woman.  (I posted about this on Facebook).  

I have met other dogs and cats and will possibly share some more. In the meantime Mowgli is spending time in the country with a friend and I hear he is doing really well.

Did you know that dogs are honoured and celebrated every year during Kukur Tihar, the second day of Nepal's autumnal festival, which just passed?
It is a special time to recognise the relationships humans have with animals and the rest of the world should follow.  Or better yet, celebrate the mere existence of animals.  - Just imagine the world without animals?  Can you?

Collage 2 
Collage 3 
Collage 4

- During a  brief conversation I had with a local who spoke English,  I found out that the older dog wearing a collar has a home is and is indeed looking over the younger one who does not.  The  ❤️,
respect, wisdom and sweetness between the two is as refined as any of us could ever be.  Animals are sentient beings and they deserve to be respected, protected, and celebrated.

- Animals deserve an international holiday, and need to be cared for much better around the globe.

These encounters have made my relationships with animals, especially dogs, cats, horses so much more meaningful and have added another dimension of well-being to my life, be it at home in New York or anywhere else where animals trust me enough to allow me to have this non-invasive mutually enriching contact through these mini facial reflexology sessions.

By the way, I am currently in Taiwan for the International Reflexology Conference created and organized by the International Council for Reflexologists. Today was the first day and I have learned so much already.

Taiwan has been amazing.
Thank you for reading.

B. 

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale slowly and completely through the mouth on a ha sound, repeat twice, then return to natural breathing and observe...

Reflexology (feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792
http://www.ban-chi.net/


*Regal heard something different; Eastern language Western ears! I decided to use both, Fafa/Papa and Joker/Chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment