Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Soothing Mowgli's eye - Chamomile & Dien Cham

Mowgli
Unfortunately I did not grow Chamomile in the garden I "adopted" a few years ago.  I was in dire need of some two nights ago.   R pointed out that Mowgli's left eye was very red and he could barely keep it open.  Poor dog - I cannot bear to see him suffer although it was around midnight and I was dead tired and ready to go to bed.  Of course, I immediately gave him a relaxing Dien Cham treatment which included the ears and especially the tips of the ears.  Then I warmed my hands by rubbing them quickly and covered the affected eye.  He seemed to like that as he was holding still, he was definitely relaxing which was what I wanted before I continued "the treatment." 

herb harvest 2011
In addition I boiled some water and poured what was left of the loose Chamomile tea which did not amount to much more than what seemed to be Chamomile dust - well that had to do for now - and let it steep for a while, then added cold water, checked the temperature and dipped a paper towel in it which I then wrung out.  I put it on his eye and kept it there for a while - again cupping his eye.  After only one to two minutes the redness was almost gone.  The next morning he was back to normal.  Chamomile is so soothing and it does wonders on eyes which are so delicate.   Of course, the same applies to upset tummies.  Chamomile tea should be a staple in anyone's household in my opinion.  I was lucky to have had some left and I have to remember to stock up on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment