Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

India Part Thirteen: Teaching Chair Yoga at Shri Jasnath Asan


Getting ready for pre-sunrise yoga
I had no idea these photos existed, but so pleased they do.  Many thanks to my buddy Michelle from Ireland who shared these on Facebook.  

Yoga at Shri Jasnath Asan took place before sunrise and breakfast Monday-Friday.  Here we are getting ready for my chair yoga class; love the mood in the room, us all being bundled up; it was a bit chilly in the morning.  

But I loved the walk to the studio from the palace and feeling the chill was perfect to wake you up, looking at the sky - the ashram is at the edge of the Thar desert in Rajasthan - and the photos being out of focus.  Michelle also recorded the mantras which I chanted at the beginning of the class.  I also taught a gentle mat class. 

My students (about 12) were our friends at the ashram, two of the wellness practitioners, Guruji (orange top) the spiritual head of the ashram, Shree, the director of yoga and wellness as well as fellow reflexologists from Europe and Canada.  I have posted about traveling to the ashram to participate in Gina Stewart's RVP (Reflexology Volunteer Program), but New York life has been taking over.  New York always requires so much of my attention.  
Arve had taught a class about toe walking the day before one of my classes and I thought it was a good idea to start my class by doing some foot balancing work.   
Thank you, Surjanath and Shree!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach.  It was so much fun.  Who knew I would ever teach in India and a year later in Taiwan as well. 

I should add that one very pregnant chocolate lab joined as well.

comfy clothes; my late grandma's shirt matched with Indian-style pants bought at a New York street fair 
Surjanath participated as did Shree and other ashram members 
setting up
Sheela gets her first nap during yoga..

Here is the Shri Jasnath Asan Website: http://www.shrijasnathasan.org/
Many thanks to Shree for providing feedback. 
Thank you for reading.
Namaste. 

B. 

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

This may help you to shift from stress (fight/flight) to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale slowly and completely through the mouth on a ha sound, repeat twice, then return to natural breathing and observe...

Reflexology (feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792






No comments:

Post a Comment