Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Double Handed no Pressure Hand Reflexology



A few weeks ago, waiting for dinner to arrive at one of our favorite Middle Eastern restaurants, Regal received a hand reflexology session from me.

On the way there I told him about an upcoming event and wanted to show him something and get feedback.  It also can not hurt to rebalance the body to prepare for dinner.

He was game for the following which was new to him:
- double handed hand reflexology, meaning I was working mostly on both hands at the same time (mostly it's one hand at a time) aside from doing some relaxation techniques.
- no pressure at all hand reflexology (often it's either gentle, medium, deep pressure).  I personally do not use deep pressure.  


As a client I do not like being on the edge of my seat and I take the liberty to assume neither do most of you.  As a practitioner why work harder instead of smarter?

The pressure issue is discussed with new clients, often those getting massages that included feet and hands and/or novices to body work in general. And it is up to us reflexologists to educate about this.

Regal was sitting across from me, his arms on the table, hands parallel pointing towards me, long spine, relaxed shoulders, arms and hands. The session was a maximum of ten minutes long.

We both liked it very much, the giving and receiving. It was a fun experience.  I could tell the man across from us was a bit curious..

Once we got our food he kept complaining about staining his shirt. "Ah, maybe you are too relaxed to eat from just a bit of no-pressure hand reflexology," I laughed.
The problem was he did not like staining his clothes.
And yes, I knew it; reflexology is very relaxing.

At the annual NYSRA (New York State Reflexology Association) meeting I did an exchange with one of my colleagues. I asked if she could do some moves on me that I use at busy corporate events and she shared one of her moves which she had learned from Laura Norman* and if I remember correctly she even had taught there.  It was a lovely exchange. Thank you for sharing, Maureen, I loved what you showed me, and I have been using it.  Exchanges with colleagues rock.

Thank you, Regal, to be continued.

While I understand that some tend to be drawn to deep pressure, please, consider experiencing different levels of pressure. If you are used to foot reflexology, try hand reflexology, hand or ear reflexology. If you are a practitioner, I assume you have preferences like I do and are constantly learning which keeps life interesting.  

Blessings and thank your for visiting,

Birgit 

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY


This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

Reflexology (feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792



*("Laura Norman’s Reflexology spared me from a kidney stone operation and saved my life. When I am away from Laura, my feet miss her. What she does is the second-best thing in the world!" 
-- Regis PhilbinCo-host of "Regis and Kelly Live")



No comments:

Post a Comment