Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Anemia - Week 18: old neck pain

I am finally getting a chance to post the week 18 entry which had been sitting in the draft folder.  
Last week I decided to do the head stand. There had been no pain for a few weeks which I attributed to not practicing the head stand at all.  In the past I had been doing it every once in a while.  Was I ready to reintroduce it slowly?  I set up thoroughly, went up slowly, stayed up for a little while then came down very slowly. All seemed fine just as it did in the past but then that "old pain" returned.  I dealt with the pain by using the neck-points and zones I had used before. The pain was on the L occiput and was accompanied by head tension - it was not as bad as it had been in the past but it was not easy to alleviate it. It was on and off.  Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic's website on the causes of neck pain: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/neck-pain/DS00542/DSECTION=causes 

No comments:

Post a Comment