Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Ankle Pain - is ankle pain contagious:-)?

On Sunday R asked for help. His run was interrupted by his L ankle acting up. He was limping home in the cold wearing his sweaty-damp clothes. - How strange!  I had an ankle-related problem last week - (see previous blog post)- I had him get comfortable on the couch to and I covered him; naturally he was cold, he put a cold pack on his ankle. I did the relaxation protocol followed by ankle reflexes, ankle point 127 and ankle point 461; while I was working on him, I kept telling him to focus on his breath; he made faces in the beginning like always - it's pretty funny but sometimes I get impatient I confess. Point 0 Zone seems to be sensitive always: I added pain relief points 26, 124, 34, 61, 39, 61, 39, 41, 40, 3, 0, 14, 16, and then did the L ankle reflex again on the chin. He seemed to feel much better. He said something to the effect that he will never say anything bad about Reflexology again.   
He insisted on having dinner at a restaurant around the corner whereas I suggested we stay at home so he can rest and take it easy; he grabbed his yellow cane and off we went; at the restaurant he elevated his leg; the next morning I checked in with him - he is not limping but says his range of motion is a little off - he is not very descriptive in general when asked how he feels, so we will see, but I am glad he asked for help yesterday. Hopefully he'll come back for more or do some ankle points himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment