Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Focus on the Sound

Returning to another polar bear plunge in Coney Island after spending New Year's Day in Vienna last year.  
Plunge number I don't know, maybe 22.  The temperature was in the 40s, am not sure about the water temperature, I like to say it's always cold.  We were part of the "green wave" at 1:10pm.  It was a very sunny day.  

Ben liked green and I know Regal loves green.  I immediately thought "heart chakra, nice".  After frolicking in the water for a while (running around to keep warm) and refinding each other, Ben offered to hold my glasses so I could submerge which I did, Regal did his wild man dance, then we left the water as the next wave came in.  The organizers seem to keep the time in the water to five minutes these days.  

But then I saw the drummers who were standing right at the edge and I was drawn in by the beat.  I was reminded of my conversation with one of our fire dancer friends at Shri Jasnath ashram in Panchla who said he focused on the music when doing the dance on fire - more in my posts about India.  We all went in again at my suggestion before we headed to our clothes. 

- I do remember not feeling my buttocks for a while and my feet were cold for a few minutes and then there was all of a sudden a scratchy throat and a little coughing, so as you can imagine I resorted to Dien Cham using the basic session and the first sniffle protocol.  Ben told me that he still remembered some points, too. 

Once at home we did "coherence breath" which turned into a nap - Regal and I were exhausted - probably from too much ocean air, sun, the walls on the boardwalk and the excitement.

I am feeling strong and inspired today and am seeing a client this afternoon.  

Indeed this was an easy breezy one and we reminisced about some tougher ones.  

It is always great to be on the boardwalk and start the new year by getting up early and being outside enjoying the elements whatever the weather may be like.

We also ended 2016 with a morning walk to the East River and an evening walk to the Hudson both with Mowgli, and before midnight to Central Park to see the fireworks with a neighbor.  

May there be drums in 2017 to keep us all inspired. 



Blessings,


Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

Return to balance now:
- Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth on a ha sound...and again, and again, then return to natural breathing and observe...

- Reflexology(feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 2 Re-Balance 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792







No comments:

Post a Comment