Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Facial Reflexology to Alleviate Allergy Symptoms (Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America)

Luckily, I personally do not suffer from chronic seasonal (or any other) allergies - at least I am not aware of any- but I have had bouts of symptoms from time to time these last two years or so.   

Last week I had one of these days when I found myself having to do facial reflexology exercises at least three times during my time in the park with Mowgli.  Well, no problem; it is so easy to do it, my hands were dirty but I could use my knuckles, but it also left me wondering about Climate Change and getting older and one's body's changing needs.  This is what I think about a lot; this is work and this is my passion. 


The exercise empowered me, and helped me through the itchy eyes and sneezing, but I decided to also use the neti pot once I got home just to make sure the symptoms would not linger due to pollens being caught in my nostrils.  Kristyn of Smith and Brit Spa and Boutique had reminded me of that.  Thank you, Kristyn.  That made so much sense.  The pollens also gather on our clothes and hair. Interestingly, the ladies at Smith and Brit and I also had plans to do a video for IG the same day - sharing these wonderful exercises based on Marie-France Muller's wonderful teachings.

The weather has been something.  We have had days of summer, then it was a lot like April (in May) if you remember what April traditionally used to be  - lots of rain - which resulted in an explosion of foliage, blossoms and fragrance.  Central Park is more lush than ever, I am still not used to the many shades of green.  
It is so beautiful and so fragrant; another reason to use the neti pot.  I would not want to miss the smell of spring. 


Most mornings I spend at least one hour in the park these days - my work day starts later, the advantage of not living the 9-5 life! 
Growing up in Austria it was my older brother who suffered terribly.  I remember his sneeze attacks and he got shots regularly.  At that time I did not know anyone else who suffered from allergies.

In the screenshot above I am sharing info from AAFA which I found very interesting.  Have a look at where New York ranks on The Most Challenging Places to live in with Spring Allergies
New York’s tank was 31 in 2016 and two years later it is 25.  By the way even Mowgli had some wheezing one night last week.  Luckily doing some facial reflexology twice on him alleviated this and allowed for a smooth night.
If you can not access the IG video, please ask a friend with IG to show it to you. 
I am considering uploading something to youtube, if anyone requests it.  

Thank you as always for your visit,

B.
screen shots of the vid post @SmithandBrit
-5 steps to more ease..
This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

No comments:

Post a Comment