Pages

Friday, May 19, 2023

New York has a Bare Foot Water Feature (“reflex your feet”)

NYC has a public reflexology path or barefoot path if you will. 

Last weekend the water was back on and I kept walking the entire length back and forth for a while, dragging my feet for some splashing.

I came across several loose pebbles which I picked up with my toes, and there were some Irises along the path, my grandmother's favorites. 

The cemented pebbles are rather flat (can not be compared to the paths in Taiwan) and do not really hurt. However, after a while I felt my feet getting more sensitive and feeling more alive - ah - and yes it took a while for me to get it, to connect the dots last year that this may be the first of its kind in NYC. Years ago I was engrossed in this idea that NYC needs a barefoot park. To combine it with running water is genius. 

High Line website "The water feature is a favorite of children and barefoot visitors. Wetland species like cattails, rose mallow, and swamp milkweed grow in the raised steel planters along the pathway." 



Thank you for your visit,
Birgit 

Additional reflexology path experiences (Taiwan) 



No comments:

Post a Comment