Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Dragonfly: When Time Was Not Money (Labor Day Weekend)

Regaining Strength
I was studying, practicing and hanging out with Mowgli on the dock.  But I was also letting myself get interrupted and admired the mostly red dragonflies and other activity on the lake, when I noticed a blue dragonfly in the water.  

It seemed to be struggling and got tired quickly, so I got into the kayak and brought it on land.

One of the wings was damaged, but after cheering it on, petting its back gently (that was the reflexology part), but mostly just holding and admiring its' beauty, it regained strength quickly and the wings started moving faster and faster.  After about two minutes, it flew off.  I was secretly hoping for a visit the next day.

Losing Strength
Who does not love dragon flies?  Perhaps I saved this one's life, their adult life is rather short to begin with and depends greatly on the weather.  As I was reading about dragonflies later on, I realized I am a dragon in Chinese horoscope.  We had something in common. ;-)

It was so energizing to spend time at the lake, to study, read, swim, hike, explore practice yoga, chi gong, eat home cooked meals three times a day, and watch and interact with the dragonfly.

It is when time is not money that magical encounters like this can take place more frequently.  Getting away for the weekend supports this and enhances quality of life, but just slowing down facilitates this as well.  There is a video of the struggle on my facebook page, and I am posting another one on Instagram.  Take care, B. 









No comments:

Post a Comment