Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

INDIA Part One: Life is Full of Surprises

India just was not on this yogini's bucket list.  Sure I wanted to do things before I died, but India was not necessarily one of them
and I did not really have an official bucket list (it's a long story).

As a longtime yogini (early 90s) I always felt one needed to make the practice work wherever one is.

My attitude about western ashrams was Disney-like in a way thinking that a practice there would not be real-life enough.  

As for Indian ashrams, I admit I had not given it much thought.  

However, my monk friend made it clear that the world comes to the temple in one of his talks.   

And yes, the world also does not stop outside the ashram it enters the ashram (Now I know.)  

And the world does not stop outside my healing room or my yoga class.  

And when yogis return to the "outside" world after yoga teacher trainings or retreats, they take with them their new insights.  Lakshmi Voelker addresses this beautifully in her training.  I trust you understand what I mean.  There is no vacuum. 

So how did I wind up in India?  Life is full of surprises.  But you'll have to wait for the next post to be posted tomorrow hopefully.  

India Part Two: Outside My Comfort Zone Already

Best wishes, namaste.
Om, Shanti,

B. 

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY
- Reflexology(feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792







No comments:

Post a Comment