Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

India Part Two: Outside My Comfort Zone Already

Election Madness
So how did I wind up in India? 
The most recent Reflexology Volunteer Program (RVP) created by Canadian reflexologist Gina Stewart about 10 years ago combined Indian ashram stay, yoga, desert, cows and dogs, healthy but simple living, communal reflexology (at least I hoped so), a wellness center in exchange
for conducting reflexology sessions and some teaching! Everything about this was so appealing, period.   

I signed up.  I had to.  The timing was totally inconvenient and the entire undertaking was against one of my principles from the beginning: booking a flight months in advance, doing lots of research.  Usually I am much more spontaneous.  But I needed to accommodate Gina to confirm participation and hold my spot.  I knew the challenges involved in coordinating anything group-related, let alone a trip to a foreign country such as India.  And of course, the trip required a visa, that you could only apply for one month before your trip, but to get a cheap ticket you had to book your flight way in advance.  What if for some reason you did not get the visa?  So it was all a bit uncertain.   

I suppose the spontaneous and unplanned part would be traveling from and to Delhi from the ashram.

The ashram stay would be very structured.  And I was really looking forward to this structure of getting up early and starting the day with yoga, oh and much less internet access, thus less craziness (surrounding Trump, I found myself getting seriously affected; to get so worked up about politics was also outside my comfort zone).

To follow tomorrow hopefully: India Part Three: Preparations (or Not)

Best wishes and namaste.
Om Shanti,
B.

Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

- Reflexology(feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792





No comments:

Post a Comment