Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

India Part Three: Preparations (or Not)

Halloween; with our visitors...
On November 3, only one day after my Austrian visitors left New York, I left for India.  I was not well prepared at all.  However I did have a beautiful green Indian outfit consisting of kurti (?), pants and shawl.  Thank you again, Debra.  When I mentioned India
but could not quite imagine it yet, you offered your beautiful clothes from way back when you were there.  I was very touched by Debra's gesture, but would there be a chance to wear saris between traveling, yoga, working as a reflexologist, other seva?  

But nevertheless I started feeling gentle pressure, I admit.  It was getting clearer: I am definitely going.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  I am going to India.  I did a little fashion show in the bed room.  I was trying on the little velvety tops worn underneath the saris; they were rather tight on me.  I watched a video on how to fold a sari Rajasthany style - a sari consists of miles of beautiful fabric .  It was overwhelming, an art without a doubt.   

I looked up how to use an Indian-style toilet.  I was not even sure I understood anything but the squatting and that there was no toilet paper, but I shared it on the closed FB Page Gina created months before the trip to communicate with all of us.  No problem, squatting is good for us and it enhances peristaltic movement. 

Arve and I learned we had similar travel styles.  Trains sounded wonderful and they were very cheap.  So we decided to meet in Delhi and travel to the ashram together.  We would spend time on platforms.  

The few pages of Lonely Planet guide book I read (thank you, Regal) were mesmerizing and the plan was to do much more reading during the long flight.   

Ultimately, I forgot the guide book because I was packing and repackaging until last minute.  I decided to bring just one back pack, but which one?  The one I use daily or Regal's?  He is an experienced globe trotter, so I decided to go with his (so red instead of blue) - mostly also for good luck.  

Traveling lighter than ever these days is something I am working on.  And I knew we'd be able to do the laundry at the ashram.  I also did not do any shopping aside from getting a flash light (I heard it is always helpful to have a flash-light) and getting water bottle with filter as per Gina's recommendation.

There were a few more friends I could consult, but somehow I was not focused enough, I was definitely anxious because one had to be for a trip like this. However, the inner guru thought it was important to curb it, and the daily practice would help keep it in check.  The visitors from Austria definitely distracted me in a really good way; I made an effort to be a good host.  I even decided last minute to go the Halloween Parade with them.  They really wanted to see it.  Going with the flow, was my excuse.

To follow: INDIA Part Four: Long Flight: Wellness was Priority and Reflexology Delivers

Best wishes and namaste.
Om Shanti,
B. 
Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

- Reflexology(feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792

No comments:

Post a Comment