Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Mowgli's Surgery: More Reflexology, Sound Healing, Colloidal Silver

The morning before his surgery (removing a lump on the left elbow, photo #1, lavender circle), he received  a long facial/paw reflexology session. While I was doing the sound bath (see photo #4) he stretched and was falling asleep again.  I could hear his breath deepening, he let out a sigh from time to time, and repositioned his body.  Ultimately he turned sideways with all legs fully extended: that's complete relaxation, savasana! 

Mowgli had a lot to say when we picked him up at the clinic after surgery He produced sounds I had never heard out of his mouth for minutes, he clearly had a lot to share.  He was also very happy about the treats Dr. Fish kept giving him.  But yes, he was even happier once out on the sidewalk.  On the way home, he pulled us into the pet store, knowing he would get a treat.  When we got home,
he drank a lot of water and had great appetite.  His stomach had to be empty for surgery.  Regal bandaged the wound (photo #2 lavender circle)  and he slept for a few hours.  The wound looked beautiful (thank you, Dr. Fish/Clinton Veterinary Clinic); now he just needed to wear the donut 🍩 to keep him from licking the wound.  

Day 2 Post-Surgery After the invasive surgery (Mowgli's first time) we doubled up on holistic healing with more sound baths (photo # 4) and more facial and paw reflexology adding the following reflexes: thymus the elbow reflex, and lots or solar plexus reflex to keep the stress low.  I could have added other reflexes, but it was not necessary I felt. 

By the way, after the first sound bath he lazily trotted over to the reflexology rug to do DIY paw reflexology (photo # 3).  I think he was saying let me add some grounding.  Then he did savasana. 

Day 3-7 Post Surgery:  My friend Suanne suggested to put some Colloidal Silver on the wound after we caught him scratching; the bandage did not want to stay on; I gave up quickly on it but decided to watch him even more closely and to spend more time with him whenever I could.  
After the collaidal silver, I also kept the area moist with a drop of lavender and carrier oil I had used on his ears after the hematoma got drained.  I always let him smell anything I use on him.  He usually wags his tail; I have noticed that he really likes being nursed.

Day 8 Stitch Removal:  while he pulled me to the clinic on Sunday when it was closed, he started wincing once we were in as if he all of a sudden remembered the invasive procedure.  I did not expect that, but it was not as bad as when we picked him up; most likely he is a bit traumatized.

The tissue was benign as suspected and we were told that Mowgli at 81/2 years is in very good health.   I will continue with the same care.  We are so happy it all went so well.  We are returning to Central Park for off leash hours which we had suspended instead we went to the dog run more to keep a very close eye on him and went for walks along the river and around Hell's Kitchen.  He seemed pretty happy as usual except for the crying after surgery and at check up.  I hope that next time we return to the clinic he will only remember the lollipops as usual, not the trauma.  

Best wishes and namaste,


Birgit Nagele, ARCB, LVCY, TSY

This may help you to shift from fight/flight to more ease:
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth on a ha sound, and two more times, then return to natural breathing and observe...

Reflexology (feet/hands/face/DIY/Dogs)
Yoga (Gentle Mat, LV Chair Yoga, TSY)
- Private Clients, Corporate, Events 
- EuNYCe (Educating about Reflexology locally, internationally)
- NYC-based 
Tel: (917) 664-5792

No comments:

Post a Comment